Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Cate's Purple Paradise

Cate's purple paradise has become one of my favorite rooms in the house. I was addicted to Project Nursery, Serena and Lily, Etsy, Baby Bloomers (a local store) and cruised lots of pictures of showcase nurseries. I wanted her room to grow with her and not scream baby. As much as I LOVE pink, I also did not want her room to be predictable. Hope you love her purple paradise as much as we do.


I fell in love with everything Serena and Lily, especially their crib bedding. Every design resource recommended to build from the bedding, so we started here! The inspiration for the room came from this Lulu bedding collection. The day I found out we were having a girl we ordered the crib set, blanket, diaper changing pad, and extra fabric to run with the scheme throughout the room. This was our biggest splurge!



This window seat is one of my favorite spots in the room (probably because my hubby built it!). I had the pillows, seat cushion, and curtains custom made from the additional yardage of Serena and Lily fabric.


This nightlight was an Etsy find. I sent the purple fabric and Berry Patch Designs whipped up this personalized beauty for Cate.


To coordinate the color of the walls with the fabric and accessories I went to our trusty Lowe's. Lowe's matched the lighter color purple for the walls and created a really pale purple for the ceiling. They also matched the "white" on the wainscoating (which my hubby also built) to the furniture. I loved the idea for a wall decal, so I searched Etsy for this gem.



The crib, night stand, and dresser were purchased from Baby Bloomers. The glider and ottoman were also custom ordered from Baby Bloomers.


I have been told that monogramming everything is a southern thing and I think it adds that extra little oomph for my southern baby. I purchased this basic lamp from Target and took it to our local monogram shop to get it personalized. The picture frames are Paula Prass. I just can't resist her goodies.


This wardrobe was a really lucky find at a local consignment store. It was already painted green. All we had to do was add a couple of shelves.


We searched high and low for a round white mirror and eventually ended up buying this one from Lowe's and painting it white (It was black). The diaper pale was custom made from more of the extra fabric by Etsy shop Brody and Ma. Home Goods was THE SPOT for accessories. I think we went there every weekend to find our treasures: green polka dot piggy bank, additional frames, baskets for her closet and drawers, and much more!


Look at Cate loving her room. I know I am biased but, isn't she precious??

3 comments:

  1. I love this room. Could you tell me how much of each fabric type you ordered to do the window seat and valances?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. stumbled on your blog while looking at a friend's website and this post is fabulous. I don't even have kids yet, but I can only hope my nursery is this adorable! "Cate" is just too cute! Love your blog and your captions.

    -- <3 Kate
    http://catchupwithkate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails