I could not resist making the adorable red-nosed reindeer cookies that were in the December 2010 Parents Magazine!! I sent these cookies with Cate to her "school" party, our office cookie exchange, and a white elephant gift exchange and they were a HUGE hit. The best part was that they not only looked cute, but they tasted delicious.
Here is the VERY easy recipe:
Pillsbury's Simply Peanut Butter cookie dough
Chocolate covered mini-pretzels (I used Flipz.)
white cookie icing
mini baking chocolate morsels (The original recipe called for M&M minis, but I could not find them anywhere in brown. They were all red and green.)
1. Shape the cookie dough into triangles.
2. Bake according to the package directions.
3. While the cookies are still warm push the chocolate covered mini-pretzels on the top of each side to resemble the antlers.
4. Let the cookies cool on a wire rack.
5. To make the reindeer face attach the brown chocolate morsels for eyes and a red M&M for the nose with cookie icing. I pushed the pointed tip of the chocolate morsel into the icing and cookie, so the flat part was facing up for the eye. (I think that I would use red cookie icing for the nose next time.)