Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Sweet Pillow Cookies!!

Yum Yum!! I originally saw these Pillow Cookies over at Bakerella and I could not wait to try them. It doesn't get any better than chocolate chip cookies and brownies together!!!!!
Get your aprons out because you will want to bake up these delicious treats!

Let's get started...
First of all, you need to bake up your favorite brownies. I used a good old-fashioned box kit of brownies and baked them the night before I baked the cookies. I used an 8 x 8 pan, but I think a larger pan would have made the brownies a little smaller and easier to place in the cookies. Cut the brownies into 1 inch squares. I cut 16 and used 14 of the brownie squares. You will not use all of the brownies, so you can eat the leftovers.

Next, whip up your favorite chocolate chip cookie dough.
I used this recipe recommended by Bakerella!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Ingredients:
1 cup butter room temperature
1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs, plus one egg yolk
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
12 oz. bag of miniature chocolate chip cookies

Directions:
1. Beat the butter in a mixer until it is creamy.
2. Add the light brown sugar and beat until smooth.
3. Add eggs, yolk, and vanilla and beat until smooth.
4. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl.
5. Add flour mixture to butter mixture and beat until combined.
6. Stir in mini chips.
7. Let the dough chill in the refrigerator for about an hour.

Voila!! Cookie Dough!! Of course this is my favorite Kitchen Aid mixer!!!!

Now, the good part!!!!

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Layout a sheet of parchment paper. Scoop out the cookie batter using a half-cup measuring cup. My cookie dough was really cold and kind of stiff, so I used a spoon to pack it in and scoop it out. Next, place the dough on the parchment paper. These cookies are HUGE, so I only put 6 on a large baking sheet. After, I scooped six cookies, I used the back of a tablespoon to make an indention for the brownie.


Now, place the brownie squares into the cookie dough and work the dough around the brownie. Use your hands to shape the cookie into a ball.



If the dough gets too sticky, place it back in the refrigerator for a few minutes. Bake the six cookies for about 18 minutes at 350 degrees. (Mine were so big, it actually took about 22.) I covered the cookies with foil for the last few minutes to keep the outside from getting too crunchy.

Once they are finished cooking, place them on a cookie rack to cool.

Now the part you are dying for.... Check out the brownie on the inside.

These cookies are huge and one batch makes about 12 cookies. Next time, I think I will use a little less batter for each cookie. I also want to mix in some peanut butter chips. :)

Now I could not keep all these deliciously treats to myself, so I made some "Thanks for being sweet!" favor tags and delivered them to friends.


Download your FREE set of favor tags for your cookies and sweets here!

Happy baking!!
As usual, I would love to see pictures of your cookies or creations with the fun favor tags.
Thanks for being a Pluff Mudd Studio blog follower!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails