Monday, April 26, 2010

Saddle Up for the Derby

Saddle up for the Kentucky Derby! Whether your Derby experience involves a trip to Churchill Downs or a backyard barbeque with your family and friends, the Derby's signature traditions make for an amazing event! From the potent mint juleps to the lavish hats, there are so many customs that have held strong over the years. You can count on every “fashionista” watching the designer duds and every “foodie” drooling over the hordeuvers. It’s the “most exciting two minutes in sports” while the crowd awaits to see which horse will don the blanket of lush red roses.

This year we are placing our bets with our friends in Greenville, South Carolina and of course cupcakes are on the menu. In honor of those signature mint juleps, I could not resist these cupcakes (for the adults of course!)!

For the kiddos, I whipped up these adorable cupcake toppers! I think they are a precious way to include the kids in the festivities.



Download them for free here and be sure to send in pictures of your creations.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog! I posted about you today on my blog! You are one of my new favorite. You have so many great ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails